For all of you hockey parents out there and folks who help out in the timekeepers bench, you probably have your go-to hockey playlist that you use for playing songs in between plays, during the intermission and during the pre-game warm-ups. We’ve all been to rinks where we hear the same old stuff… “Cotton Eye Joe”, “We Will Rock You”, “Thunder”, maybe some Fall Out Boy, a little U2 or some Van Halen. All good stuff, but we’ve heard it all before.
So I wanted to share some potential new additions to your hockey playlist for 2019 and 2020. Some of these tunes are so fresh that I haven’t even added them to my hockey playlists yet.
10 Songs You Should Add to your Hockey Playlist
- Never Enough (For You) – Toque – this is probably my favorite track of 2019. Toque consists of four musicians from Canada who tour the world with the greatest artists of all time – from Slash to Shania Twain – Gene Simmons to Kelly Clarkson – Michael Schenker to B’z. They play CANADIAN CLASSICS live – all the hit songs that were influential to our musical careers having grown up in the prairies, in western Canada. Todd Kerns, Cory Churko, Brent Fitz and Shane Gaalaas. They’re from Lanigan, Saskatchewan; Moose Jaw, Saskatchewan; Winnipeg, Manitoba; and Innisfail, Alberta. They recently played at the Heritage Classic in Regina. Check them out on Facebook or Spotify. Their orignal song “Never Enough” is a throwback to 80’s rock n roll bliss. A must-have for any playlist.
- The Git Up – Blanco Brown – another catchy little tune that the kids will love. This country/rap crossover stuff can be a little catchy. You’ve probably heard this song a bunch this year due to all of the air play it’s been getting, so it’s a solid choice for your hockey playlist.
- When the Curtain Falls – Greta Van Fleet – another great rocker to skate out to during the pre-game warmup. If you like Led Zeppelin, you will probably dig Greta Van Fleet.
- You Need To Calm Down – Taylor Swift – things getting out of hand during the game? No better lyric than Taylor Swift’s “You Need to Calm Down”. You just can’t go wrong with Taylor Swift.
- Walk On Water – Thirty Seconds to Mars – skating on water may be more like it. This anthem-like song is a great choice for your Hockey Playlist with the huge chorus and big drums.
- We Got the Beat – The Go-Go’s – ahh a classic 80’s track that will get the crowd going.
- Down – Noise Therapy – previously featured on NHL 99, this is a classic rocker with some big drums that will get anyone pumped up. Crank it and enjoy!
- I’m In A Hurry – Florida Georgia Line with Alabama – classic country tune with a new twist. This will be a hit with all of the country fans in the barn.
- The Rubberband Man – The Spinners – I discovered this tune while watching the Avengers Infinity War. This song is just a fun song that sticks in your head.
- Big League (Humboldt Broncos Tribute Edition) – Tom Cochrane – not a day goes by that we don’t think about the families of the Humboldt Broncos that suffered tremendous loss in April 2018. This song is an amazing tribute.
Be sure to check out (and Follow) my “Hockey Mix – Definitive” playlist on Spotify. Enjoy the game hockey fans. As well , you can check out our list of the top 100 hockey songs for 2019.